- From Anderton travel on the 60ft Anderton Boat Lift to the Trent and Mersey Canal, tour the city of Chester with a Roman or shop in the heart of Manchester.
- Anderton Boat Lift - Visit the boat lift and visitor centre and marvel at the 60ft high hydraulic lift system which transports narrowboats from the Trent and Mersey canal to the River Weaver.
- Chester - Famous for the magnificent cathedral and for the city walls explore the Roman Amphitheatre and take a tour of the city with a real Roman.
- Chester Cathedral - A magnificent building with a rich and fascinating heritage it contains the most complete Medieval monastic complex still standing in the UK take a tour and visit the 13th Century Refectory Cafe or browse the Cathedral Shop
- Chester Zoo - With over 7000 animals to visit and to learn about a visit to Chester Zoo is an unique experience, hundreds of different types of plants reflect the natural habitats of some of the more exotic species.
- Manchester - A dramatic mix of old and new with outstanding shopping, eating, drinking and nightlife the city has something to offer everyone. Visit Old Trafford home to one of the most famous football teams in the world or view one of the many museums or art galleries
Map & Directions
By Road: Anderton is situated in Cheshire, just north of Northwich, and close to the Anderton Boat Lift.
From the M6 junction with the M56, take the M56 (West). Exit the M56 at junction 10. Take the A559 (signed Northwich) for 3 miles. Turn right (signed Comberbach and Anderton Boat Lift).
Continue through Comberbach and past Marbury Country Park, towards Anderton. The marina is on the left, 1/4 mile after the Anderton village sign.
By Rail: From Manchester, take the train to Northwich station. From London and the south, take the train to Crewe, and then change for the service to Hartford station.
From Northwich or Hartford stations,
take a taxi to the marina. If there are no taxis waiting, information on taxi firms can be found at the payphone at the station.
Taxi information is detailed below. For information about train timetables and ticket costs for all mainline rail transport please go to www.thetrainline.com.
By Air: From Manchester Airport, take a taxi to the boatyard. Please contact the taxi companies directly for an estimated fare.